The industry's first ever 'Txt 'n' Win' campaign was designed and executed by Flytxt for a world leading confectionary brand. The campaign significantly increased sales by 21%.
Customer: A major FMCG company based in the UK
Business Objectives: Drive sales, rejuvenate the brand among younger audiences and accumulate intelligence about chocolate-eating behaviour.
Business Challenge: The brand wanted to move away from the traditional promotional techniques and incorporate new technologies.
Flytxt Solution: Flytxt developed the industry's first ever SMS based competition to run on chocolate wrappers, inviting consumers to 'Txt'n'Win'. The brand launched first SMS based on-pack promotion on 65 million chocolate bars. Each chocolate bar had a unique code. The customers had to send the codes via SMS. A few number of randomly picked codes were eligible for a prize. There were more than £1 million in prizes, across the ten participating brands.
- Consumers were invited to 'Txt n Win' via SMS
- A unique code was printed on the wrappers of each of the brands of the company
- There were a number of different prizes worth £1 million to be won during the promotion period
- Keyword sent in by the customer was validated by Flytxt
- The eligible customers were sent confirmation about their entry into the competition
- Flytxt solution would randomly pick the winners and inform them via SMS
- The company received more than 5 million responses for the campaign
- The campaign resulted in instant increase in sales by 21% during the promotion period
Flytxt's end to end mobile marketing technology helps operators launch effective loyalty campaigns
Customer: Tier 1 Mobile Operator
Business Objective: Increase the average subscriber stickiness and brand loyalty
Business Challenge: Creating and delivering unique value proposition for new subscribers that will encourage them to stick on to network for a longer period
Solution: Subscriber Loyalty Campaign is a target driven bonus reward program designed for maximising the value proposition to mobile subscribers and encouraging them to stay on the network for a longer period than the industry average.
- The reward program is activated as and when the subscriber joins the network and is run for a fixed period. During this period, the subscriber is eligible for rewards when he achieves pre-configured targets based on his usage
- When the subscriber achieves specific target/milestone, he receives a bonus and gets an intimation via SMS
- On each incremental target, the bonus reward he receives also increases
- Customer receives communication/ information about the bonus credited - a) Prior to the target b)Reaching the target and so on.
- Instant bonus credit and confirmation has an immediate impact on customer satisfaction which stimulates new subscribers to increase their usage
- Increased loyalty and increase in the average lifespan of subscribers
- Executing, monitoring and taking pro-active corrective action is very easy as the entire process is automated
Flytxt's centralised & interactive mobile marketing applications are used by marketers of a large media house to run multitude of innovative customer engagement programs for their customers across a portfolio of digital media assets.
Customer: A large media company in Africa with a very large number of newspaper and magazine titles as well as digital channels
Business Objectives: In-house capability for marketers to design, run and manage campaigns across multiple channels; Provide marketers a real-time, 360 degree view of customers; Centralised management of all campaigns with monitoring and reporting functionalities.
Usability Challenge: Centralised Campaign Management was a hassle because of the following reasons:
- Lack of 360 degree customer view in real-time across multiple channels
- Capturing real-time customer feedback across multiple channels was difficult resulting in campaign execution delay and inability to instantly respond to customers
Business Challenge: Centralised Campaign Management was a hassle because of following reasons:
- Marketers needed to design both inbound and outbound campaigns
- It is impossible to manually design and execute campaigns, track customer feedback and respond to customers in a proactive manner, often impacting customer relationship
- Involved too many marketers and too many processes for a single campaign
Solution: The media company chose Flytxt NEON as its mobile marketing campaign management solution across all its newspaper, magazine and digital TV properties. The Media House chose NEON because it has a large number of marketing professionals each of whom wanted to run mobile campaigns for their media property. The ability to have an easy-to-use tool for marketers to set-up and run their own campaigns was vital. In addition, the company wanted to centrally manage all of their mobile marketing activities with central reporting and the ability to have a single view of each customer across it's many brands.
- NEON integrates customer information across diversified channels and provides 360 degree customer view
- NEON enables marketers to run a variety of campaigns like competitions, Voting & Polling, coupon based loyalty programs and so on using a rich set of inbound & outbound applications
- NEON provides superior usability experience to marketers via easy-to-use point and click tabs in a single web interface enabling marketers to manage end to end campaigns without technical assistance
- Within first 6 months of deployment, the number of applications supported by Flytxt NEON grew from 3 applications to 300 applications, generating 500K inbound premium messages per month 9 months after launch
- Significant cost saving owing to usability, consistency in user experience, enhanced marketing process efficiency and centralised management of all marketing activities
- Dramatic increase in customer loyalty through loyalty driven engagement programs (both inbound and outbound) including competitions, votes and polls, coupon issuing and txt-to-email feedback
Flytxt's end to end mobile marketing solution encourages low and infrequent customers to stay active on network through continuous incentive programs.
Customer: Tier 1 Mobile Operator
Business Objectives: To encourage the low usage subscribers to stay on network by giving recurring incentives on a call to action.
Business Challenge: Manual campaign execution leads to errors and customer dissatisfaction, and managing campaigns needs a lot of effort and time from the marketers.
Usage Enhancement Campaign is a recurring bonus campaign where the customer is rewarded with recurring incentives on a qualifying event based on a call to action. This encourages subscribers to stay active on the network.
- During the promotion period when the customer spends/uses a particular amount, they are rewarded with a recurring benefit for a pre-defined duration
- After every bonus credit, a confirmation message is sent to the customer about the benefit being credited
With this campaign, low usage subscribers have an incentive to stay on the network to receive the reward which encourages a habitual service usage and thereby stimulates them to stay on the network.
Flytxt's customised Inbox and other interactive applications enabled Radio Jockeys to directly interact with audience and respond to their feedback/ messages via voice and text.
Customer: One of Europe's largest independent radio station groups
- Enable real-time, direct interactivity with audience
- Enhance the quality of interaction by making it contextual and dynamic
- Build a rich customer database and enhance it continuously by automatically adding on preferences & interests
- Increase audience base and enhance loyalty among existing listeners via customer engagement programs
- Interaction in real-time with thousands of customers in a personalised manner was difficult
- Monitoring, moderating and managing traffic was not easy
- Direct and real-time interactivity with listeners via voice and text was impossible
- No technology to serve personalised and contextual advertisements in real-time based on time and context
Solution: The Radio Station needed to further integrate mobile within their business in order for DJs and radio programmers to control their mobile interaction with listeners directly. A deeper connection with listeners should be built using new technologies. Advertiser revenues on mobile should also increase. Flytxt Solution lets the radio station to take control of their mobile activity in order to further integrate mobile into their programming and marketing. DJs and programmers can view all inbound messages in real time and can broadcast advertiser-sponsored messages to the mobile clubs using Flytxt NEON's easy to use web-based interface.
- NEON was integrated to provide Interactivity and mobile advertising platform for all of its radio stations
- Flytxt allowed the radio station to enhance customer engagement with the audience via mobile.
- NEON INBOX was used by Radio Jockeys (RJs) to interact with mass audience via a range of programs including competitions, loyalty programs, text in programs and so on
- The INBOX helped
- Program producer/ moderator to receive, organise, manage messages from audience across the channels
- Pick interesting, dynamic messages and pass it on to the RJ
- Pick winners of the competition
- Export messages to Web sites and publish them
- Call or text listeners individually
- Inbox also helped to filter, categorise and highlight messages, and set auto replies to winners or people who texted in
- Helped to build and enhance customer profiles through innovative programs like VIP club where members get access to privileged information, first access to concert tickets or promotions and special offers
- Flytxt also helped to grow their advertising revenues as they allow brands to sponsor inbound and outbound SMS/MMS competitions and tailor these competitions to their specific objectives
- Mobile revenues have grown due to a growth in subscribers and better targeting through Flytxt NEON
- Dynamic interaction between RJ and the audience made the program lively
- Real-time competitions encourage participation of the audience, driving their interest level
- Initiatives like VIP clubs helps to enhance the relationship with the audience
- Real-time interactive responses via multiple channels increase the loyalty of listeners/ audience
Flytxt NEON's highly sophisticated targeting rules and exclusion mechanisms makes segmented segmentation and targeting more effective and minimises potential churn of customers
Customer: Tier 1 Mobile Operator
Business Objectives: Retain low usage and potential churn subscribers
Business Challenges: Deliver a compelling value proposition, monitor and proactively take corrective actions to reduce churn over a period of time.
Flytxt Solution: Tier 1 Operator deployed Flytxt's Pre-paid Solution to identify customers with potential churn tendency and take proactive measures.
- The target subscribers for this campaign include:
- Low balance
- Low service usage
- Low spend
- The campaign is executed in two phases
- Phase 1: Eligible subscribers who fall into the target are offered an attractive incentive based on a call to action
- All qualifying subscribers who have responded automatically become eligible for rewards
- Phase 2: Eligible subscribers who fall into the target in recent past for a duration which is larger than Phase 1, did not respond to Phase 1 offer are offered an attractive incentive based on a call to action which is easier than phase 1
- All qualifying subscribers who have responded automatically become eligible for reward
- End to End automated campaign management
- The marketer has to just set up the campaign and NEON would automatically Target, Deliver, Track, Reward and Report
- This way marketers could proactively reduce potential churn from period to period by giving compelling offers to them
Flytxt has led the industry by transforming the way loyalty programs were traditionally run by migrating the cumbersome card based loyalty program to an end to end mobile based loyalty program.
Customer: One of world's largest general merchandising and grocery retailers
Business Objectives: Build loyalty among customers and increase footfalls
Business Challenges: Key barrier for traditional loyalty programs is the effort, complication and difficulty associated with filling out, carrying and maintaining a loyalty card.
Flytxt Solution: The store approached Flytxt to integrate mobile channel in its loyalty programs. Given the penetration of SMS and mobile phone usage, there is a large, untapped opportunity to grow the base of loyalty club members and transfer all the existing loyalty card members to mobile platform. Irregular buyers, young professionals and other segments find the current loyalty schemes not compelling. With a mobile phone virtual account, collection makes sense for these segments.
- The retailer provides the marketing objectives of the loyalty club
- Loyalty data collected from POS across stores is transferred to database
- Relevant offers and marketing messages are sent to consumers via mobile
- Data collected through interactions is fed back into CRM database
- Consumer checks with database for a/c status, redemption information, points status via mobile
- Consumer redeems rewards via in-store mobile coupon solution
- Consumer redeems rewards remotely anytime, anywhere
- The mobile channel allows retailers to target key consumer segments anytime, anywhere with relevant offerings.
- Contacting customers on time sensitive and location/store sensitive offers is easy and cheap.
- The mobile phone number functions as a unique identifier. This offers immense cost savings in comparison to classical loyalty schemes. Overcomes the key barrier of maintaining a loyalty card.
- Target new subscribers with innovative mobile marketing campaigns
- Migrate existing members to enhanced/privileged loyalty club